A Guide To Medical Alert Systems For Seniors
Did you know that “falls at home are the leading cause of FATAL and serious nonfatal injuries to Senior Citizens in the U.S. Each year” according to the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons?
Were you aware that “one in every three senior citizens has a VERY SERIOUS FALL AT HOME each year” according to the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons?
You may already know that “Nearly 1,000 HIP FRACTURES occur to senior citizens EACH DAY in the U.S.” according to the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
Most people do not realize that when a senior has an accident in their home, having a medical alert system can often save their life. The response time of paramedics plays an important role in the recovery of a senior who has had a serious fall. Hospitalization time is minimized when help comes quickly.
A few of the benefits of having a medical alert system are:
* Senior is Never “Alone” Again
* Regain seniors independence
* Maintain your active lifestyle with no worries around the house
* Caregiver doesn’t have to give up their life to take care of parent
* Safety and security around the house for seniors
* 24/7 companion if needed
* Provides a safer transition from hospital to home
* Protection 24 hours a day 365 days a year for senior
* Supports recovery at home instead of a nursing home for senior
* Early intervention after emergency improves health outcomes
Check out our list of recommended medical alert companies and give them a call to answer any of your questions you may have about how a medical alert system may work for your aging parent or loved one.
There are no comments on this entry.
There are no trackbacks on this entry.